Website Mountain and Sea Educational Adventures
Licensed First Mate – 112 Foot, 89 Ton Vessel
Mountain and Sea Adventures (www.mountainandsea.org) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization located at camp Whites Landing on Santa Catalina Island, with over 20 years experience specializing in imparting a deep personal appreciation for maritime biology and environmental science, and is based on a Christian culture. We are seeking a Licensed First Mate for our 112 foot; 89 ton Flagship vessel, ENHYDRA, which both transports campers to Whites Landing and hosts them in our onboard, overnight Floating Sea Camp. She is berthed at the Southern California Marine Institute, Terminal Island (San Pedro), California.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience as Captain, Mate or Engineer on a vessel >50 tons
- Including experience with managing the engine room and operating systems; as well as navigating the vessel and leading crew.
- This position has an opportunity for advancement.
- Our ENHYDRA crew have constant contact with our campers; their teachers and leaders; MSA colleagues; and harbor departments; therefore we are looking for an individual with strong communication and leadership skills; and who takes pride in their appearance.
- A flexible schedule is a must; schedules include overnights at anchor, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensuring the safety of passengers, crew, and vessel
- Proper piloting of vessel
- Anchoring, mooring, night watch, dock departure and return
- Managing the engine room and operating systems of the ship
- Adhere to all United States Coast Guard rules, and regulations
- Maintain accurate logs and documentation of activities, drills, maintenance on the ship
- Live aboard vessel during overnight camps
- Additional job duties assigned
USCG 100 Ton Near Coastal Mate or Inland MasterLicense ; 1st Aid / CPR
If you are interested in applying, please contact email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org